Accessibility Concerns Committee Mission Statement
We believe that all people are created in the image of God and have sacred worth. We also believe that it is vital to the body of Christ to celebrate the spiritual gifts of people with all abilities so that we can best witness the beauty and diversity that God has created in our communities.
We are here to support, train and assist local churches of the Upper New York Annual Conference of the United Methodist Church to best serve those with accessibility concerns.
Our goal is to make the community of Christ accessible to all people.
Click here to read the petition passed and adopted at the 2018 Annual Conference about Disability Awareness Weekend.
Click here to download the Accessibility Grant form. The deadline to submit your request is April 15, 2022.
(315) 824-0965 (home)
(315) 527-0183 (mobile)
- Disability Ministries: https://www.umdisability.org/
- Resources for clergy with disabilities:
- Information about Disability Awareness Sunday: www.umc.org/how-we-serve/special-sundays
- New York Department of Health: health.ny.gov
- Ideas and resources for community projects that are inclusive:
Not for Profit
- Independent Living Resources, Information about ADA: ilru.org
Mental Health Ministries
- Mental Health ministries for the congregation to help elimante the stigma of mental health: http://mentalhealthministries.net/spotlights/html_spotlights/2020/covid2020.html?fbclid=IwAR1siEJPHxcAaW2aaOSfW69KMQdEUDseUK_CL2QJgYW33uR_511F-jU0MFU
- Free text-to-speach software: https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/best-free-speech-text-software/
- Five Things Every Kid Should Know About Disability - Raising Anti-Ableist Kids: https://booksforlittles.com/disability-empowerment/?fbclid=IwAR3UDYENfCbQzPJHWn8Zdryeas2nL6iMv9IFofyoR7yVKFvdNmKDnqEs7iI