Volunteers-in-Mission (VIM) is one way United Methodists offer their skills and talents for Christian Service at home or abroad on short-term assignments in areas affected by disasters and hardships. A missionary movement of the United Methodist Church, VIM sends short term volunteer teams into areas of need to work on construction and spiritual formation projects.
Like the Upper New York VIM Facebook page to get the latest information on training and teams as well as reports from returning teams and news from the jurisdiction, UMCOR and Global Ministries!
Training is available at your church or District event for those looking to increase their effectiveness as volunteers in mission. Contact your VIM Coordinators below for more info or to schedule a class in the following areas:
- Team Leader Training - for those thinking of leading a VIM team or looking to serve more effectively
- Early Response Team (ERT) - for those who want to prepare for disaster relief work immediately following the emergency. ERT class leads to UMCOR certification and badge.
- ERT200 Team Leader - leadership geared specifically to ERT work (prerequisite ERT badge)
- ERT200 Clean Out - intermediate level instruction in cleaning out flooded homes
- ERT200 Site Assessment - intermediate assessment techniques
- To view list of open teams from our jurisdiction, visit: http://umvimnej.org/get_going/send-a-team/new-teams-forming.html
- For a list of domestic and international projects, visit: http://umvimnej.org/get_going/send-a-team/overview.html
- For the youth project list, visit: https://umcyoungpeople.org/missions
- For individual volunteers information, visit: https://www.umcmission.org/Get-Involved/Volunteer-Opportunities/Types-of-Volunteers/Mission-Volunteers/Individual-Volunteers
For additional information, contact either Roger or Donna Cullen below:
Roger Cullen, UNY VIM Co-Coordinator
9 Fox Hollow Lane
Ionia, N.Y. 14475
(585) 398-1282 (Home)
(585) 857-3140 (Cell)
Donna Cullen, UNY VIM Co-Coordinator
(585) 737-5239 (Cell)