2022 Cady Grant applications now available
February 1, 2022 / By UNY Communications
Application forms are now available for the Upper New York Conference Cady Grant. Cady Grants are awarded annually to fund ministries, education, programs, or experiences that provide benefit or education to preferably, but not exclusively, African Americans and/or Native Americans. Priority will be given to proposals that have not recently been funded by the Cady Grant. Salaries and stipends will not be awarded from this grant. Awards may be up to $8,000.
Cady Grants are available to individual United Methodists, local churches, District or Conference ministry teams within Upper New York.
Application deadline is March 15th. Awardees will be notified by April 30th.
Submitted proposals must demonstrate the following:
- The ministry, education, program, or experience is faith based.
- There is a direct benefit for a person(s) in a minority group.
- There is a need for such a ministry, education, program, or experience.
Proposals should also include:
- An assessment of the gifts – spiritual, financial and organizational – of the individuals or team that will carry out the proposal.
- An itemized expense report.
- An evaluation process to monitor progress.