Church Trustees and Church Council Resources
The following resources can be used for future trainings for local church trustees and Staff-Parish Relations Committees (SPRC). The materials and webinar recordings are from April 26 and 28, 2022 and were developed for churches in the Southern Tier Region, which consists of the Cornerstone, Mountain View, Binghamton, and Oneonta Districts. District Superintendents Rev. Suzanne Block, Rev. Dr. Jeff McDowell, and Rev. Nancy Adams led the sessions.
Click here to watch the recorded webinar (56 minutes). The access code is 4F1Mi?&j.
- Board of Trustees according to 2016 The Book of Discipline
- Discipleship Ministries' Trustees job description
- Trustee Training PowerPoint (shows topics covered)
- General Council on Finance and Administration PowerPoint
Staff-Parish Relations Committees (SPRC)
The Book of Discipline of The United Methodist Church requires that all member churches have a Staff-Parish Relations Committee (SPRC) or a Pastor-Parish Relations Committee (PPRC).
Click here to watch the recorded webinar (88 minutes, which includes a question and answer session).
- SPRC – Effective and Ineffective according to the Lewis Center for Church Leadership
- Discipleship Ministries' Pastor-Staff Parish Relations Committee job description
- SPRC-Giving and Receiving Feedback according to the Lewis Center for Church Leadership
- SPR Case Studies PowerPoint
- SPRC PowerPoint Notes
- LPLI Clergy Evaluation, provided by the Lewis Center for Church Leadership
- The topic of annual staff evaluation was mentioned during the webinar. The LPLI Clergy Evaluation is provided and is a program the Board of Ministry encourages for all clergy. There is a cost to using this tool. Local churches can develop their own tool, keeping in mind the information on “giving and receiving of feedback” to ensure there is mutual give and take between clergy and parish rather than a “top-down” evaluation which is mainly focused on failures or problems.