Conference Leadership Team (CLT)
The Conference Leadership Team (CLT) is the steward of the mission and vision of United Methodists of Upper New York (UNY). The resident bishop convenes the team with the Director of Missional Excellence.
The essential functions of the CLT include;
- Provide missional clarity and alignment within the UNY, regions, and districts to achieve the primary task and missional objectives.
- Consider the missional questions that allow UNY to articulate and implement its strategies to increase faithfulness and fruitfulness.
- Create an environment for healthy accountability.
- Serve as the executive body of UNY between conference sessions, pursuant to the Book of Discipline ¶ 610
- In consultation with the extended cabinet, it can also act on behalf of the Upper New York Conference.
The CLT meets at least quarterly in person or online.
Conference Leadership Team members:
Bishop Héctor Burgos Núñez
Jessica White, Conference Lay Leader
Pastor Liz Aristy, At-large
Rev. Sara Baron, Conference Board on Pension and Health Benefits
Dr. Scott Johnson, Conference Commission on Religion and Race
Rev. Pam Klotzbach, Board of Trustees
Lindsay Martin, At-Large
Rev. Carmen Perry, Board of Ordained Ministry
Holly Roush, Conference on Finance and Administration Chair
Rev. Drew Sperry, At-large
Teddi Urriola, Equitable Compensation
Rev. Mike Weeden, Dean of the Cabinet
Rev. Dr. Aaron Bouwens, Director of Missional Excellence
Rev. Bill Gottschalk-Fielding, Assistant to the Bishop
Bob Flask, UNY Treasurer
Shelby Winchell, Director of Communications