Course of Study Satellite School
The Wesley Course of Study program has updated the course schedule. We will offer each of the 20 courses twice; once during the July term and once in a weekend format split between the Wesley DC campus and the Upper NY location. Courses through the winter session of 2022 will remain fully on-line. We *may* return to some in person courses in the spring session. Please check the Blackboard site for instructions after the first of the year. All weekend courses can be registered for using a single form found below. Syllabi will be posted to the Wesley Theological Seminary website at https://www.wesleyseminary.edu/course-of-study-current-students/.
Questions and requests for transcripts should be addressed to Sara Sheppard at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here for the Wesley Course of Study website, with courses now being held at the Upper New York Satellite School at the UNY Conference Center. Program, registration forms, and course information is available at https://www.wesleyseminary.edu/course-of-study-current-students/. Click here for a registration link.
Click the following links for:
- Grade request form: this form must be forwarded to the Wesley COS Office.
- Local pastor responsibilities
- Reimbursement request
Wesley Theological Seminary
General Information About Courses
Weekend and Summer Programs
Daily Class Schedule
Costs Per Course
Requirements for enrollment in Course of Study include:
- High School diploma
- Recommendation by one’s District Superintendent
- Recommendation by the designated officer of one’s Conference Board of Ordained Ministry (Local Pastor Registrar)
- Completion of Candidacy Studies (approved candidate for local ministry)
- Completion of Local Pastor’s Licensing School
- Timely completion of the registration process (see below)
Upper New York Conference Center
7481 Henry Clay Blvd.
Liverpool, NY 13099
Minimum enrollment requirement of 6 students per course. Full refunds (including registration fee) will be granted if a course is cancelled because of insufficient enrollment.
Course syllabi will be posted on the Wesley Seminary website site approximately 3 months prior to the beginning of each course.
Students are expected to acquire books for courses on their own, since there is no bookstore on campus. Normally books can be ordered through Cokesbury or other online resources. Wesley also uses Blackboard, and on-line learning tool. You will receive log on information after we receive your first registration. Please contact the Instructor of the course or the Course of Study office at Wesley Seminary if you have questions.
It is expected that a significant portion of the reading, and written assignments, will be completed by the first meeting of class. Please be sure to study the syllabus for each course as soon as it is posted to allow sufficient time for preparation.
Click here for latest course information.
Click here to view the 5-year schedule, including fall, winter, and spring weekend schedules.
Weekend 2022-2023: Click here for a registration form.
Summer 2022: Click here for a registration form.
Check back soon for a new form.
Each course will meet on a Friday/Saturday format as follows:
12:30 - 1 p.m.: Arrival and check-in (first weekend only)
1 - 1:45 p.m.: Worship (second weekend starts with worship at 1 p.m.)
2 - 5:30 p.m.: Class
5:30 - 6:30 p.m.: Dinner
6:30 - 9 p.m.: Class
7:45 - 8:30 a.m.: Coffee and conversation
9 - 1 p.m.: Class
Registration fee: $75
Students will be billed for these charges and payment will be made to Wesley Theological Seminary.
If you require housing for this program, please;
- Indicate that on your registration form.
- Include if you would like a room mate and if you have a preference for your roommate.
Wesley will make a reservation for you in our room block at the Staybridge Suites. We will make arrangements for early check-in so you can check in before you go to class.
- Students are required to pay for the room upon checkout.
- If you need to cancel, please contact the seminary and we will take care of these arrangements. We must receive cancellations in writing. An email is fine.
- Student who do not show will be billed for the full amount on their Wesley student account.
Managing Director, Course of Study
Director, Course of Study