about / Finance
Annual Church Statistics (ACStats) is the one-stop location for United Methodist data that tracks membership, expenses, and income. It's designed to help churches submit year-end statistics to the Upper New York (UNY) Conference digitally in a way that's cost-effective.
The deadline has been extended to March 15 to complete the 2023 statistical report for your church. The user guide for local churches can help familiarize yourself with the new ACStats platform. Translated reports are available in Spanish and Korean.
Having trouble submitting your statistical report? Click here for helpful tips and a step-by-step guide.
Complete your stats submission by logging into the ACStats system.
1. Enter your username and password. (If you need assistance and cannot locate this information, please contact your District Office.)
Username: Your Six Digit GCFA Number
*Default Password: ACStats2023!
*** The default password has changed this year. Local churches will need to create all new usernames and passwords upon initial entry into the platform. Please remember that you cannot use the same email address twice for two different churches/users. This can be solved by adding additional digits at the end of your email address for the 2nd church like your GCFA number. ***
2. When you are ready to begin your 2023 reports, click “Enter Stats” on the homepage (to begin updating to your statitistics).
- PLEASE DO NOT AUTOMATICALLY INSERT 2023 DATA. ACCURACY IS VERY CRUCIAL. Church Ministry Shares are calculated using Line 52. Accuracy is key in calculating not only the local Church Apportionments but also UNY's Apportionments to The General Council on Finance & Administration (GCF&A).
GCF&A has created a website that contains the general statistical information for all Conferences. This is a great way to see how your church and our Conference is thriving compared to others.
Please visit https://gcfa-umdata.brtsite.com/. (This is the link to the public facing site of ACStats, the official database of The United Methodist Church). The IT and Data Services Departments of GCF&A created this program to replace The General Minutes. The site provides up-to-date information on local churches, leadership, and statistics that are beneficial throughout the connection. The data on the site comes from the annual conference staffs who submit this information through their Business of the Annual Conference (BAC) and local church statistical reporting forms.
The information that's available provides:
- Local church statistics as users of the site can look up individual church information on pastors, membership data, and statistical history.
- A much quicker way to locate pastors and includes historical information on appointments.
- Quick Facts that give users the ability to select an annual conference and find membership by district, conference or jurisdiction as reported on the local church statistical reporting forms.
- Charts and graphs that provide for quick comparisons among jurisdictions, conferences, and churches.