about / Finance
Ezra is the one-stop location for United Methodist data that tracks membership, expenses, and income. It's designed to help churches submit year-end statistics to the Upper New York (UNY) Conference digitally in a way that's cost-effective.
February 28, 2022 is the deadline to complete the 2021 statistical report for your church; however, you cannot enter any data to the 2021 statistics tables until January 1, 2021. In the meantime, you may re-familiarize yourselves with the process by reviewing the user guide for local churches. Translated reports are available in Spanish and Korean.
Complete your stats submission by logging into the Ezra system.
- Enter your username and password. (If you need assistance and cannot locate this information, please contact your District Office.)
- Carefully read the message from the Conference Office on the homepage before beginning your reports.
- When you are ready to begin your 2021 reports, click “Enter Stats” on the homepage (to begin updating to your statitistics) and update your church’s contact information by clicking “Account” at the top of the homepage.
- PLEASE DO NOT AUTOMATICALLY INSERT 2021 DATA. ACCURACY IS VERY CRUCIAL. Church Ministry Shares are calculated using Line 52t. Accuracy is key in calculating not only the local Church Apportionments but also UNY's Apportionments to The General Council on Finance & Administration (GCF&A).
GCF&A has created a website that contains the general statistical information for all Conferences. This is a great way to see how your church and our Conference is thriving compared to others.
Please visit www.umdata.org (this is the link to the public facing site of Ezra, the official database of The United Methodist Church). The IT and Data Services Departments of GCF&A created this program to replace The General Minutes. The site provides up-to-date information on local churches, leadership, and statistics that are beneficial throughout the connection. The data on the site comes from the annual conference staffs who submit this information through their Business of the Annual Conference (BAC) and local church statistical reporting forms.
The information that's available provides:
- Local church statistics as users of the site can look up individual church information on pastors, membership data, and statistical history.
- A much quicker way to locate pastors and includes historical information on appointments.
- Quick Facts that give users the ability to select an annual conference and find membership by district, conference or jurisdiction as reported on the local church statistical reporting forms.
- Charts and graphs that provide for quick comparisons among jurisdictions, conferences, and churches.