Meet LIT graduate Kate McKenzie
From June 24-July 22, Casowasco Camp & Retreat Center held a program called Leaders in Training (LIT) for 16-17 year old high school students to learn how to become leaders in the camp setting and in ministry. Click here to learn more about the LIT program.
Seventeen-year-old Kate McKenzie was one of the six students who participated in this training.
Kate was born in Guiping, China. She moved to the United States as a young child, first to Chicago, then Minnesota, followed by New York. Her father, Ken McKenzie, is the pastor at West Winfield Federated Church.
This summer was Kate’s third summer at Casowasco.
Here are some reflections of LIT training in Kate’s words:
- My favorite part of this training has been hanging out with the other LITs. It has been so much fun.
- I experienced sailing for the first time, and I loved it.
- We have Chapel every night and I really like that, especially the songs we sing.
- In the future, I see myself leading Arts & Crafts at camp.
- The Highlands portion of the training was hard for me. I am more of a main site kind of girl.
- My faith has grown from learning more about the Bible.
- My definition of leadership has changed; I realize now that it is a team thing.
- I will be helping my community and day camp more by using the skills I learned through this training.
Overall, Kate felt that the LIT training was a very good experience.
Congratulations on your graduation from the LIT program, Kate McKenzie!