about / Benefits and Administrative Services
Church Employers & Clergy Taxes
This page is a resource to Local Churches with information related to their role as employer, including employment law compliance, payroll/taxes, general support policies, and other various human resources and benefits related topics that may need to be addressed from time to time. It is the responsibility of each Local Church to be aware of both Federal and State laws and regulations that they are required to follow.
- Paid Family Leave (PFL)
- Affordable Care Act (ACA) resources are located on the Health and Wellness page
- Background Checks for church employees and volunteers (Click here for information on Safe Sanctuaries)
- Employment Law Compliance and Posters
- FLSA Minimum Wage and Overtime Rule: Are Church Lay Employees Covered?
- New York State Department of Labor - Frequently Asked Questions re: Minimum Wage for Non-Profitmaking Institutions
- GCFA Legal Manual (For information on creating employee handbooks, employment policies, etc. go to Section 3)
- Payroll Taxes and Reporting (including information on employees/independent contractors, FLSA, and Form W-2s for clergy and employees)
- Record Retention Guidelines for Local Churches, District Offices and Conference Office
- Unemployment, Workers' Compensation and Short-Term Disability Insurance
If you have any questions about employment/human resource issues, please contact Tracy Rickett, Human Resources Generalist, at (315) 898-2017 or email@example.com.