Paid Family Leave (PFL)
Effective January 1, 2018, employers in New York State are to provide Paid Family Leave, which is an insured program to provide paid time off for an employee to care for a family member* with a serious health condition, to foster parent-child bonding for an employee’s newborn or newly placed adoptive or foster child, and an employee experiencing any qualifying exigency related to a spouse, domestic partner, child or parent on active military duty.
Coverage for churches of the Upper New York Annual Conference is being provided through our group coverage policy with The Guardian. Churches will not be billed and there shall be no deductions from employee/clergy salaries.
Paid Family Leave Resources:
- How PFL Effects UNY Churches
- NYS Fact Sheet
- Claims can be filed by completing the appropriate form (below) and submitting it with documentation (as described on the form) to the address on the PFL Claim Instructions. Claims may also be filed online at the website address provided on the PFL Claim Instructions:
- PFL Claims Instructions-ALL Events
- PFL-1 Request for Paid Family Leave
- PFL-2 Bonding Certification
- PFL-3 Release of Personal Health Information
- PFL-4 Certification for Care of Family Member
- PFL-5 Military Qualifying Event
- NYS Statement of Employee Rights for Paid Family Leave notification is to be posted in each place of employment.