Meet LIT graduate Joel Cooper
From June 27-July 22, Casowasco Camp & Retreat Center held a program called Leaders in Training (LIT) for 16–17-year-old high school students to learn how to become leaders in the camp setting and in ministry. Click here to learn more about the LIT program.
Joel Copper is one of them. Joel is from Liberia and moved to Syracuse in 2016. He attends University UMC in Syracuse and this was his third year at Casowsco.
Here are some of Joel’s reflections on LIT training in his words:
- This program has been so much fun—it’s great learning skills with people you have a lot in common with—one of them being that we are all Christian.
- The program really shows you how to be a leader.
- I especially enjoyed our guest speakers. Pastors would come and talk to us about qualities you need to be a leader. One of the qualities mentioned a lot was the importance of being a good listener. These speakers help me to keep these things in mind.
- I hope to come back as a counselor and help kids to get on a good path.
- Through this program, I have grown closer to God and myself.
Congratulations Joel on your LIT graduation!