The Asbury First United Methodist Church iin Rochester, is looking for an Administrative Assistant.
GENERAL ROLE and RESPONSIBILITIES: Support the Senior Minister so s/he can accomplish what God has called him/her to do. Assist him/her to meet the day’s obligations. Serve as the liaison between the Senior Minister and the congregation. This is a full-time position.
1. Provide administrative support to the Senior Minister and, as needed, the Associate Ministers, including managing calendars, voicemails, and some email, and resourcing them for the day’s obligations. Complete special projects as assigned.
2. Support the Senior Minister in the preparation of agendas, reminder notifications, and other items necessary for the faithful functioning of the church.
3. Attend meetings, as needed, and prepare and distribute meeting minutes.
4. Assist capital campaign activities, including church management system data input, access, and output.
5. Assist in tracking congregational care needs, compiling lists for hospital visits, making calls and informing the appropriate parties to address the identified needs.
6. Serve as assistant to the membership secretary for the church, including scheduling new member joining dates, completing tasks related to transferring membership, and maintaining membership records and providing Charge Conference and year-end reports required for the District and Conference as needed.
7. Assist Senior Minister in identifying members who have been (or suddenly become) less engaged in this faith community and work to find ways to reconnect them.
8. Serve as primary point of contact for first-time visitors, reviewing attendance sheets for visitor contact information, sending out first time visitor letters and connecting them with the appropriate staff persons.
9. Prepares wedding and memorial service bulletins.
10. Assist in preparing nominations and annual reports as needed.
11. Enter data into and retrieve data from church management system.
12. Serve as back-up to office manager as needed.
13. Perform other tasks as assigned.
Must have strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
Associate’s degree required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Administrative support experience in a church setting strongly preferred.
Experience with Microsoft Office suite preferred.
Must have the ability to maintain confidences, and be willing to work within a deadline-driven and flexible environment.
TO APPLY: To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.