Register now for fall HealthFlex Exchange Zoom workshops
July 6, 2020 / By UNY Conference Benefits Office
The Upper New York Conference Benefits Office will be hosting multiple HealthFlex Exchange Zoom workshops this fall. Participants will receive information about the plans and tools to help with plan choices. Starting for January 1, 2021, all eligible, under 65 participants must choose their health, vision, and dental plans through the HealthFlex Exchange.
In the HeathFlex Exchange, participants are given a monthly allowance, called a Premium Credit, with which to “shop” for their medical, dental, and vision plans. Premium Credits vary based on coverage tier (participant only, participant +1, and family).
Also, depending on the plan you elect, you will have the opportunity to contribute to either a Health Savings Account (HSA), Dependent Care Account (DCA), or Medical Reimbursement Account (MRA). Two of the plans come with Health Reimbursement Accounts (HRAs) which include employer contributions.
HealthFlex Exchange offers a broad range of plan designs, including:
- Six medical/pharmacy plans(Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois), most of which include a health savings account (HSA) or health reimbursement account (HRA) to help offset out-of-pocket expenses
- Three dental plans (Cigna)
- Three vision plans (Vision Service Plan)
All Six Medical Plans will still include:
- Preventative and wellness services are covered at 100%, with no deductible required.
- The same network providers and the same prescription drug formularies.
- All plans include vision exam core
- All plans include a deductible which must be met before the insurance pays.
- Wellness programs, such as VirginPulse, Health Coaching, Employee Assistance Program, MDLIve tele-medicine, Weight Watchers and others
Choosing your health plan is a big decision, and Wespath provides training and decision-support tools, like ALEX Benefits Counselor, to help you compare your options.
****The HealthFlex Exchange is for all participants and/or dependents that are eligible for Conference health benefits AND are under 65.
You must register in advance for the workshop. The deadline for registration is one week prior to the workshop you are signing up to attend.