Important information for UNY retirees
March 26, 2020 / By UNY Benefits
Editor's Note: The following note was sent to UNY retirees from the UNY Benefits office on March 25.
Given the current uncertainty of how the COVID-19 virus will affect planned face to face meetings, we are deciding to be proactive in our planning.
We are not, at this time, cancelling our May 1st Retiree Seminar. However, there are things that you can do to get all of the information you need in the event that we have to cancel.
- The Wespath Retirement Team is available to answer questions or guide participants through the benefit selection process Monday-Friday, 8am-6pm CST at (800) 883-4078
- Wespath is holding the annual Retiree Webinars on April 1st and April 2nd. Clergy can register for the webinar that best fits their schedule by visiting the following web page: https://www.wespath.org/Events/Retiree-Webinars
Some of the topics that will be covered in the 60 minute webinar are:
- Annuity choices for the Ministerial Pension Plan (MPP) and Clergy Retirement Security Program Defined Benefit plan (CRSP DB)
- Distribution options for the CRSP Defined Contribution plan and the United Methodist Personal Investment Plan (UMPIP)
- Options for deferring your benefits
- Navigating Benefit Access to choose your options
- EY (formerly Ernst & Young) Financial Planner Line is available Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 7:00pm CST at (800) 360-2539
- Wespath Benefit Educators have offered to ‘meet’ with participants retiring July 1, 2020, one-on-one via phone or web meeting after April 2nd. Participating in one of the webinars offered April 1st or 2nd will be very helpful for a one-on-one conversation. For more information e-mail Sheryl Hatcher at: firstname.lastname@example.org and she will help coordinate.
- Wespath path has created a Retiree FAQ for 2020 Retirees (see attached)
If you have questions, please contact Julie Valeski, Benefits Administrator, at email@example.com.