about / Benefits and Administrative Services
2021 Pastor’s Compensation
The materials which follow are intended to guide the Staff-Pastor Parish Relations Committee (SPPRC) and pastor through this process. Questions can be directed to the District Superintendent or the Benefits Office of the Upper New York Conference.
The United Methodist Discipline directs the SPPRC to consult with pastor and staff regarding all aspects of compensation and to then recommend appropriate proposals to the Church Council on an annual basis.
Salary Reports must be sent to your District office two (2) weeks prior to your Charge Conference.
- Cover letter from Director of HR/Benefits
- Setting the Pastor’s Compensation Guide
- Clergy Support Policies
- 2020-2021 Church/Charge Conference and Annual Forms (If you get an error message, click here for help.)
The following items should also be of interest to pastors as they consider their compensation package components and consider changes that are being made to the benefit programs.
Health Plan information and decision tools will be available in late summer/ early fall during our HealthFlex Exchange Seminars, and on the Conference website prior to Annual Election (late October/early November).
More information on health insurance and pension programs can be found on the Benefits Office page.
- Health Plan - Basic Coverage and Costs
- Flexible Spending Account Guide
- Clergy Moving Expenses and 1099s