about / Benefits and Administrative Services
2017 Pastor’s Compensation
The materials which follow are intended to guide the Staff-Pastor Parish Relations Committee (SPPRC) and pastor through this process. Questions can be directed to the District Superintendent or the Benefits Office of the Upper New York Conference.
The United Methodist Discipline directs the SPPRC to consult with pastor and staff regarding all aspects of compensation and to then recommend appropriate proposals to the Church Council on an annual basis.
Salary Reports must be sent to your District office two (2) weeks prior to your Charge Conference.
- Cover letter from Benefits Officer Vicki Putney
- Setting the Pastor’s Compensation Guide
- Clergy Support Policies - including Moving Policy
- Clergy Housing and Parsonage Standards
The following items should also be of interest to pastors as they consider their compensation package components and consider changes that are being made to the benefit programs.
- UNY Benefits Summary for 2017
- UMPIP Information – NEW
- UMPIP Contributions Election Form
- CRSP Brochure
- Health Plan Out-of-pocket Cost Comparison
- Flexible Spending Account Guide
2017 Health Plan Summary documents will be available in October, prior to Annual Election (early November).
** More information on health insurance and pension programs can be found on the Benefits Office page.**