Meet the DLTS: Judy Craigmile
September 11, 2019 / By Judy Craigmile
I am Judy Craigmile, First United Methodist Church of Phoenix Lay Leader. I was raised as a United Methodist from birth. I experienced the joyful love and faithful teachings about God and Jesus from caring, dedicated disciples within my family and childhood faith community. Their willingness to follow Christ in love and action provided memorable, foundational examples that impact how I live my adult life as a disciple of Jesus Christ. As a denomination steeped in social justice and missional focus, being a United Methodist reinforces my belief that “Following Jesus” means we will be in motion, listening to his call on our lives, and living out that call in mission to share and reflect God’s love with others.
My participation on the Crossroads District Leadership Team offers the potential to fulfill a personal goal to have a broader impact in helping others at the local church level:
- Find and strengthen their personal faith
- Grow in Christian service and leadership
- Serve more productively, joyfully and confidently in outreach missions/ministries in their faith communities
- Understand more fully that their everyday lives and actions tell the Gospel of Jesus to others who do and don’t know Jesus.
- Share God’s love and Jesus’ redeeming grace in ways that feel like a natural extension of who they are and who God has called them to be for reaching others in His name to become disciples.
It is a blessing to fulfill my discipleship focus, which is to build relationships where people gather and in ways that give them hope and space to see God’s love in action so much so that they want to learn more, become Christ believers and followers, and in turn share this knowledge with others.