Online NEJ Mission E-Academy courses offered this month and next
May 14, 2020 / By NEJ UMVIM
United Methodist Volunteers in Mission (UMVIM) is offering its annual Northeastern Jurisdiction Mission Academy in an online webinar format throughout May and June 2020. Click here for the full calendar of courses. All courses are free. Donations are welcomed to UMVIM and its partners offering these courses.
UMVIM connected with Global Ministries, UMCOR, Church & Society and community partners like New York Disaster Interfaith Services (NYDIS) to offer several of the courses. The others are being offered by leaders within the Northeastern Jurisdiction.
Rev. Tom Lank, NEJ Coordinator for United Methodist Volunteers in Mission, said “We are excited to be able to offer these courses to a wider audience. Sometimes crises help us find new opportunity and push us toward needed change. We hope lots of United Methodists get more involved in God’s mission and the work of the church through the NEJ Mission E-Academy.” Donna Cullen, co-Coordinator of Upper New York Volunteers-in-Mission, offers, “The NEJ Mission Academy’s reputation for offering world-class mission education continues in a widely accessible e-format. By offering the courses for free in your location, people of faith have an opportunity to increase their skills or newly engage in mission.’
Courses in the E-Academy include:
- Crisis Spiritual Care (NYDIS)
- Systemic Racism and Discrimination During COVID-19 (Church & Society)
- Foundations of Disaster Ministry (UMCOR)
- Yes! We Have Missionaries! (Global Ministries special for the NEJ)
- UMC Social Principles in the Context of Mission (Church & Society special for the NEJ)
- Connecting Neighbors: A Disaster Readiness Curriculum (NEJ trainers)
- Forming Boundary-Crossing Mission Partnerships (Global Ministries special for the NEJ)
- Volunteers in Mission Team Training (NEJ trainers)
Questions can be directed to Rev. Tom Lank, UMVIM-NEJ Coordinator, at email@example.com or 919-428-0461 or the Upper New York Volunteers-in-Mission Coordinators, Donna & Roger Cullen at firstname.lastname@example.org or 585-398-1282.