Clergy in The United Methodist Church are individuals who serve as elders, deacons, commissioned ministers, and local pastors under appointment of a bishop (full and part-time), who hold membership in an annual conference, and who are commissioned, ordained or licensed.
Wondering how clergy appointments are made? Click here to read about the process.
October 23, 2020
Bishop Mark J. Webb and the Upper New York Conference announce the following ad interim appointments.
- Hannah Mudge as a part-time local pastor to Whitehall and West Fort Ann UMC’s effective August 24, 2020.
- Rebekah Solar as a part-time local pastor to Harkness/Keeseville UMC’s effective September 15, 2020.
- Joseph Kim as a full elder as coordinator pastor at Onativia in addition to his current appointment at Manlius UMC and coordinating pastor at Borodino UMC effective August 1, 2020.
- Diane Walker as a retired elder to Amazing Grace Parish effective October 11, 2020.
- Margaret Morin as a retired local pastor to Kendall UMC in addition to her current appointment at Rochester: Asbury First UMC effective September 6, 2020.
- Andrew Pollock as a full elder to Williamson and Pultneyville UMC’s effective November 1, 2020.
- Mia Richardson as a part-time local pastor to Avon UMC effective October 26, 2020.
- Stephen Mannion as a part-time local pastor to Lancaster: Faith & Orchard Park: Emmanuel UMC’s effective July 31, 2020.
- Robert Lindsay as a retired local pastor to West Schuyler UMC effective July 9, 2020.
- Nicole Eaton as a part-time local pastor to Pine City: Pennsylvania Avenue UMC effective October 1, 2020.
Bishop Webb announces the following retirements pending approval of clergy session:
- Inell Claypool effective September 1, 2020
- G. Ewart Morris effective November 1, 2020
- David Masland effective January 1, 2021
- Holly Coty effective January 1, 2021