Clergy in The United Methodist Church are individuals who serve as elders, deacons, commissioned ministers, and local pastors under appointment of a bishop (full and part-time), who hold membership in an annual conference, and who are commissioned, ordained or licensed.
Wondering how clergy appointments are made? Click here to read about the process.
October 1, 2019
Bishop Mark J. Webb and the Upper New York Conference announce the following ad interim appointments:
- Jason Proctor is appointed as a full-time local pastor to Corinth: First and Middle Grove UMC’s effective August 5, 2019.
- Joseph D. Sellepack is appointed as an elder of the Wesleyan church to Sanitaria Springs UMC effective July 26, 2019.
- Stan Scoville is appointed as a retired elder to River’s Edge UMC effective August 1, 2019.
- Joan Zimmerman is appointed as a retired elder to Olean: Trinity UMC effective August 1, 2019.
- Raymond Lange is appointed as a retired Elder of the New York Conference to Apulia UMC effective July 14, 2019.
- Colleen Preuninger is appointed as a Full Elder to extension ministry as Associate Minister and Director of Student Engagement in the Office for Religious Life at Stanford University effective August 1, 2019.
- Rebecca A. Laumeier as a retired elder of the Illinois-Great River Conference to Dundee UMC effective July 14, 2019.
- Sinnathamby Thevanesan as a retired elder to Webster: New Life UMC effective September 1, 2019.
- Ruthellen Hoyle as a retired elder to Webster: New Life UMC effective September 1, 2019.
- Jennifer Streeter as a full elder to transitional leave effective September 1, 2019.
- Lal Fak Mawia is appointed as an elder of the Upper Myanmar Conference to Buffalo: Ontario Street UMC effective August 20, 2019.
- James Foote is appointed as a part-time local pastor to Brasher Falls & Norfolk UMC’s effective July 29, 2019.
- Rachael Jordan is appointed as a full-time local pastor to Massena: First & NFC: The Well only effective September 1, 2019.