ministries / Connectional Ministries
Each congregation has a beginning, a middle, and an end. You have been a faithful congregation. What will your legacy be after you are gone? Where is your congregation in its life cycle? If your congregation is nearing the end, do you want it to just close, or do you want it to finish with dignity, leaving a life-enriching legacy?
The Legacy Consultation Team will join you on this journey of faith, helping you to discern God’s will as you turn the page to the next chapter of your congregation’s book of life.
Want to learn more?
- Click here to read more about Legacy Ministry.
- Contact your District Representative on the Legacy Consultation Team for more information.
- Click here to download the Legacy Ministry Brochure.
What does the Legacy Consultation Team do?
The Legacy Consultation Team listens to a congregation and helps it determine which are the most appropriate steps for the church going forward. Before its initial meeting with a congregation, a Legacy Consultant will review:
- The most recent church profile
- Available Mission Insite demographic data
- Relevant correspondence or meeting notes
- Plans the Conference or your district envision for the church/community.
- Other helpful information, such as problematic issues in its past, recent discussions about its future, etc.
Read more about the Legacy Ministry Consultation process.