Employment Law Compliance and Posters
Below is a list of both New York State and Federal Employment Law posters local churches, as employers, are required to post conspicuously at their worksite for all employees to see, along with several other documents referring to employment compliance regulations.
New York State Employment Law Posters
- Disability Insurance Notice of Compliance (see Note 1 below)
- Workers' Compensation Insurance Notice of Compliance (see Note 2 below)
- Unemployment Insurance Notice to Employees - IA 133 (see Note 3 below)
- NYS Clean Indoor Act (Employers must purchase and post a "No Smoking" sign to place in areas where the act probhibits or restricts smoking)
- NYS Correction Law Article 23-A (employers with 10 or more employees)
- NYS Election Law
- NYS Human Rights/Discrimination (see Note 4 below)
- NYS Minimum Wage. For more information on NYS Min. Wage laws click here.
New York State Employment Law Compliance Documents
Federal Employment Law Posters
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act of 1988 (revised 8-1-16)
- Equal Employment Opportunity (employers with 15 or more employees)
- Fair Labor Standards Act/Federal Minimum Wage (revised 8-1-16)
- OSHA: Job Safety & Health
- Uniformed Services and Employment and Reemployment Act (USERRA)
Federal Employment Law Compliance Documents
- EEOC for Small Business Owners
- U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services: Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification - All employers are required to complete an I-9 form for employees within 3 days of being hired, which includes verification of documents proving identification and authorization to work in the United States. Click on this link to obtain a copy of the newly revised I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification Form, Instructions on how to complete Form I-9, and a list of approved documents.
Note 1: To obtain a copy of your Disability Insurance Notice of Compliance please contact Victoria Weise, Walsh Duffield Companies, Inc. (716) 362-7366.
Note 2: To obtain a copy of your Workers Compensation Insurance Notice of Compliance, please contact Brotherhood Mutual at 1-800-326-7200 or UMCserviceNY@AmericanChurchGroup.com
Note 3: To obtain a copy of the Unemployment Insurance Notice to Employees, contact NYS Dept. of Labor Unemployment Division and include your Employer Registration Number (ER#).
NYS Dept. of Labor
State Office Building Campus
Albany, NY 12240-0339
(518) 485-8589 (phone)
(518) 485-8010 (fax)
Note 4: Effective January 19, 2016, the term "employer" (in regards to the NYS Human Rights Law) does not include any employer with fewer than four persons in his or her employ except as set forth in section 296-b of this article, provided, however, that in the case of an action for discrimination based on sex pursuant to subdivision one of section two hundred ninety-six of this article, with respect to sexual harassment only, the term "employer" shall include all employers within the state.
If you have any questions about employment/human resource issues, please contact Susan Latessa, Director of Human Resources/Benefits, at (315) 898-2000 or firstname.lastname@example.org.