A virtual Annual Conference will be held on Saturday, Oct. 3. It will be an abbreviated session and only required essential business will be addressed. Click here to register for 2020 Annual Conference. Registration closes Sept. 25. All clergy looking to be excused from either event should complete this request form.
The Eleventh Session of the Upper New York Annual Conference has been postponed due to concerns of the coronavirus pandemic. On October 3, 2020, there will be a one-day virtual session to allow the necessary business of the Annual Conference, as outlined in the Book of Discipline of The United Methodist Church, to be cared for. In addition, the 2020 clergy session will be held virtually on Saturday, September 19, 2020 from 10 a.m. - 12 p.m. The service of ordination will be held Friday, October 2. This is an invitation only event and it will be livestreamed for those to watch who didn't receive an invitation. Click here for more information about all three events.
Who: All clergy and laity representatives to the Annual Conference Session
What: Eleventh Session of the Upper New York Annual Conference of The United Methodist Church
When: October 3, 2020
Where: Virtual session
Journal: click here for download and purchase options
Friday, Sept. 18: 7 p.m.
- Practice Session (open to all laity and clergy voting members)
Saturday, Sept. 19: 10 a.m.
- Clergy Session
Friday, Oct. 2: 7 p.m.
- Service of Commissioning and Ordination: click here to watch the livestream
Saturday, Oct. 3: 9:30 a.m.
- Welcome & General Instructions
- Opening Devotional
- Organizational pieces
- Leadership Report
- Board of Pensions Report & Recommendations
- Equitable Compensation Report & Recommendations
- Board of Trustees Report & Recommendations
- Committee on Nominations Recommendations
- Council on Finance & Administration Recommendations
- Acknowledgement of Appointments
If you do not have internet, please contact Steve Hustedt, UNY Director of Communications, at 315-251-5572 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Watch the following videos to learn more about Robert's Rules, which is used at Annual Conference.