Water Sensor Program
The Board of Trustees is exploring opportunities to extend the Church Mutual’s Water Sensor Program to all Conference churches. This sensor alerts a church 24/7 if their facility’s temperatures reach levels that could cause pipes to freeze.
The following are details about the water sensor program:
- Installation - The process for installation is relatively simple. Church Mutual provides step-by-step instructions and there is a video available that will aid with the process. They also have a call center to assist with questions and Churches can always reach out to their local reps. Wi-Fi or internet technology is needed to initially sign-up for the service (the forms are online). Only cell phone reception is necessary for the sensors to operate after activation.
- Cost – Church Mutual will provide the sensors and monitoring service free for three years. This is a pilot program, however, and Church Mutual will have to determine if they charge after that time. They are estimating that the cost could be approximately $15-$20 per month. Even if that were to happen, any church who did not find value in the sensors could discontinue the service and mail back the hardware to Church Mutual at the end of three years without incurring a cost.
- Incentive – Church Mutual will provide a new First Aid Kit to each individual church that signs up for this program and installs the sensors.
- Wesley UMC, Rochester, NY (Level 4 Alert) - Hot water heater leaking which was then replaced. According to the church, this would have ruptured and been far worse without the alarm notification.
- Skaneateles UMC, Skaneateles, NY (Level 4 Alert) – Foundation leaking and the sump pump couldn’t keep up. More sump pumps were brought in to handle and prevent significant damage.
Click here to read a brochure about the Church Mutual Water Sensor program. Contact Church Mutual to explore the option of installing a water sensor at your church: (800) 554-2642, press OPTION 1.