Beth Russell: Glazed Meatloaf
January 30, 2017 / By Beth Russell, Volunteer Coordinator/Director at Christ Church
This meatloaf is a big hit at our Community Meals at Christ Church United Methodist in Glens Falls.
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 3 slices bread, shredded
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a small bowl, combine ketchup, brown sugar, 1 tablespoon lemon juice and dry mustard until smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, shredded bread, onion, egg, 3 tablespoons lemon juice, and 1/3 cup of the ketchup mixture until well mixed. Form into a loaf and place in a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- Bake 1 hour. Pour off fat. Pour reserved ketchup mixture over loaf. Bake 10 minutes more.