The Principles of holy conferencing
July 8, 2016 / By UNY Communications
The 2016 Northeastern Jurisdictional Conference will be held July 10-July 15. Many decisions will be made during this conference. Much like the Upper New York Conference, the Northeastern Jurisdiction reiterates the principles involved in holy conferencing.
These principles allow for the celebrating of diverse points of view and promote a coming together to agree on and value decisions made in a spiritual and unprejudiced way. All delegates and participants at the Jurisdictional Conference are urged to utilize these principles in all discussions and decision making:
- Every person is a child of God.
- Listen before speaking.
- Strive to understand from another’s point of view.
- Speak about issues, do not defame persons.
- Disagree without being disagreeable.
- Pray, in silence or aloud, before decisions are made. Let prayer interrupt our busy-ness.
- Strive to accurately reflect the views of others.
Editor’s note: This article is published with amendments from the July 2016, Advanced Edition of the Daily Christian Advocate. The full Daily Christian Advocate is available here.