Offerings to be collected at the 2019 UNY Annual Conference
April 9, 2019 / By Upper New York Communications
The 2019 Upper New York Annual Conference will be held on June 5-9 at the Oncenter in Syracuse. The following five offerings will be collected at this year's Annual Conference:
- The offering collected at Opening Worship will go to the Upper New York Mission Central HUB—a place located at the UNY Methodist Center for local churches to actively engage in outreach and disaster response ministries. From training the Conference’s Volunteer in Mission and Disaster Response teams to collecting and assembling flood buckets, hygiene kits, school kits, and more, the UNY Mission Central HUB is the perfect answer to local churches who feel called to expand their outreach ministries. Click here to learn more about the UNY Mission Central HUB.
- The offering collected at the Laity Session will go to the Helping Hands Fund. Helping Hands Funds raises money to be used by the Cabinet to assist congregants in need of financial support.
- The offering collected at the Clergy Session will go to the Clergy Care Fund. The Clergy Care Fund assists clergy who need financial support.
- The offering collected at the Young Adult Worship Service will go to Mission of Peace (MOP) an annual journey of discovery and shalom to nations in our global community sponsored by the Northeastern Jurisdiction Council on Youth Ministries. Click here and here to read the reflections from two Upper New York youth who went on the MOP journey to Cuba earlier this year. Next year, MOP will be going to the Philippines.
- The offering collected at the Service of Ordination and Commissioning will go to New Faith Communities (NFCs) - New faith community planters work to create safe places for un-churched or de-churched people to explore their faith, consider what it means to follow Jesus Christ, and then practice discipleship together with new friends. These communities gather in malls, cafes, storefronts, bars, homes, fellowship halls and restaurants, and each one is committed to being God’s love with their neighbors. There are currently more than 91 New Faith Communities in UNY—click here to learn more about UNY NFCs.
The Upper New York Annual Conference provides five great opportunities to support the United Methodist Connection. From helping our youth experience a mission trip of their lifetime and supporting the many ministries the pour forth from Mission Central to supporting clergy and congregants with financial constraints and planting New Faith Communities, you can help the Upper New York and people around the world flourish with your generous offerings.