Ballot results released on General Conference resolutions
Due to time constraint during the 2015 session of the Upper New York Annual Conference, a motion was approved to include 11 resolutions and petitions for General Conference on a ballot that was sent through the U.S. postal mail to each eligible voting member of the Conference.
Of the 950 ballots returned to the Conference by the July 17 deadline, 945 were valid ballots; five were unsigned and therefore declared invalid.
The results of the ballot are below (a “yes” vote supports sending the petition to General Conference as a petition from the Upper New York Annual Conference, a “no” vote does not support sending the petition to General Conference as a petition from UNY):
- GC2016.13 - Divest from Caterpillar, Motorola Solutions and Hewlett Packard...
- GC2016.14 - Establishing a Screen...
- GC2016.15 - Opposition to Torture
- GC2016.16 - Removing Prejudice against Ministerial Candidates with Disabilities
- GC2016.17 - Non-Discrimination in UMC Employee Disability Benefits
- GC2016.18 - Not Additional, but Required Additional Member of Joint Committee on Clergy Medical Leave
- GC2016.19 - Non-Discrimination in Disability Compensation
- GC2016.20 - Ensure Accessibility of Conference Meetings
- GC2016.21 - Do Not Invest in Petroleum, Coal of Natural Gas
- GC2016.22 - Create Petroleum and Natural Gas Screens
- GC2016.23 - Avoid Investments in the Production of Coal and Natural Gas